Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

1234567890

Jumped all the way up to 4.9 pounds! That's more than a 32 percent increase. I wonder if I would be at my driver's license weight if I lost 32 percent of my mass. Hmmmm? The vet was very pleased. Not with the fact that my license is a lie, but that the Little Monster was beefing up. The vet thought her max weight likely is around 6.5 to 7 pounds

What else did we learn? She was remarkably calm but hugged on to me intently. The vet's comment, "She sure is attached to you!"

It appears she has a yeast infection in ears. As a result, she keeps scratching her ears which has caused the sore behind her ear. The ears were all swabbed and cleaned. Drops were provided.

Her eye is looking OK, but will not change (the pupil being dilated).

A food aid was provided which should help with dietary issues and fully non-wheat/corn foods were recommended. The monster may even have some allergies, possibly causing the yeast infection in her ears and the need to poop multiple times throughout the day.

Acquiring a second poop box was suggested.

Her bottom is a little inflamed, probably because of all the pooping.

Vomiting has been nonexistent the last two days. A good sign.

The clawless paws look fine. No issues or problems.

She's microchipped. I knew I felt something in there between her shoulders! A number popped right up. I got a tear in my eye when the machine beeped. I couldn't wait to maybe learn her story. Called the number as soon as we got home and was told that no information has ever been registered with the chip number.

I'm off to purchase some new food, a second box and some other essentials.

6 Comments:

At August 16, 2007 7:07 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

wow Cowboy - microchipped and no information ever entered. So, no way of knowing where she came from. It seems to us that she was sent to you by Eponine for you to put YOUR information there. Our mommy says that after all this time that she has been missing, if no one has bothered to inquire with the microchip, or find the information to enter, then she is destined to be yours. Besides, SHE chose YOU.

So, what name did you give the v-e-t for her file?

 
At August 16, 2007 9:58 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

And my mom says if you figure out that 32% LOSS of body weight thing to let her know right away!

She sounds Sophie-sized (my Bridge sis)! Maybe that's her name!

 
At August 17, 2007 5:46 AM, Blogger Parker said...

She was meant to be yours. Anyone who chipped a cat, then never registered the chip...well, hisses to them! Glad she is gaining, very glad she is loved by you!

 
At August 17, 2007 7:22 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

When I woke this morning and my brain turned on, I found myself wondering if the humans called and disassociated their information with the chip. Maybe they let her walk away? Maybe she walked away to find me? I think I may call back today to see if they can tell me what year the chip was sold or any other details.

I said no wheat/corn but gluten-free also was mentioned. This morning all evidence already is good. My hope is that we are on the right path!

 
At August 17, 2007 9:21 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

maybe they did, but you said that no information was ever registered with that number. we agree with Parker - if they went to the trouble to have her chipped and then never registered anything, then big hisses on them. Obviously she had been missing quite a while if she was that thin. Face it Cowboy, she was sent to you, SHE chose YOU and now you're stuck with her. and she obviously wants to be stuck to you. Otherwise, she might have run off when you tried to get her, or when she was outside on your deck. But she didn't. Plus, she LOVES Daphne and wants to hang around for when she visits. You're already attached. hee hee.

 
At August 17, 2007 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So VERY happy to hear "she" is gaining weight! I'm sure having a balanced-bland diet will help with all the other issues as well. Lucky you, lucky her that you found one another! Are you going to register her with the microchip?I hate to suggest that she NEEDS a name because I think the more I inquire about it the longer you will take! ;) But isn't it about time to bless her with an actual NAME!!
P.S. We do not know Daphne's past either. All I really want to know is if she ran away (b/c she IS a runner!!) or if she was abandoned? That is on my mind often... which leads to what I would do IF someone had lost her and wanted her back?!! That scares me! P.S.S. Daphne and I are road tripping it to the grandparents this weekend... back on Monday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home