Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

College Bound

For many of those starting or returning to college, the cost of college often is a concern. I often stressed about it and would celebrate the day when grant dollars, scholarship money, student aid money from Oklahoma or the student loan check arrived. It also was a happy day when I sent that last check to Sallie Mae paying off all student loans. Got a big BS degree in return for all the stressing over dollars. I'm proud of it.

Not too long ago saw the information listed below in The Kansas City Star about 2006-2007 estimated school year expenses for near-to-Kansas City colleges. The estimates cover in-state tuition, fees, books, on-campus room and board plus other expenses. The Star's source was the National Center for Education Statistics.
- Kansas State University (Manhattan), $15,717
- University of Kansas (Lawrence), $16,262
- University of Central Missouri (Warrensburg), $14,247
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, $22,132
- University of Missouri (Columbia), $18,030

As an fyi, Oklahoma State University (Stillwater) came in at $15,892.

2 Comments:

At August 20, 2007 2:55 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Holy moly, my mom just fell over practically dead. I checked where she went and this is what I found: $46,639. I don't know, but that sound like a whole lot of cat toys to me.

 
At August 20, 2007 9:45 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Wow! That is a sure bunch of cat toys. Makes OSU look more inviting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home