Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

I Am Loved

I'm trying to think of someone that I love. I have to love them enough that I can think of three compelling reasons about why I love them. It's a contest on the Kansas City Chiefs' website. Winners are selected for each Chiefs home game, with the prize being two seats to the game, a parking pass and field passes. I'm sure the expectation is that the winners will take the person they love. But maybe not.

Some background, from the Chiefs' site, in 1967, the "I Am Loved"® little button was conceived by Barnett Helzberg as a way to tell the world that he was loved by his fiancé. Barnett Helzberg, a Kansas Citian and still an active businessman and philanthropist in town, is part of the family that founded jewelry stores. To this day, if you go into a Helzberg Diamonds store (now owned by Warren Buffet), you'll see a bowl full of those little buttons.

I had a room-mate many years ago that worked there. He always gave everyone fridge magnets in the shape of a heart declaring "I Am Loved." I moved out after I came home and found him chasing Eponine with a broom. He said she was clawing his new sofa and he was afraid she'd claw him. I also caught him once giving her a bath. He tragically passed away in 2002, so don't say anything bad about him.

Helzberg Diamonds is the sponsor of the promotion with the Chiefs. To enter the contest, entrants are to send an e-mail to iamloved@kcchiefs.com, with "I Am Loved Entry" in the subject line, and include the following: 1) Name (first and last), 2) Address, 3) Phone, 4) e-mail address; then describe who you love with 5) the name of the person loved, 6) then provide the top three reasons why you love this person.

If you enter, good luck!

2 Comments:

At August 20, 2007 7:31 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

you don't think your little fur sweetie would like to go to a Cheifs game?

 
At August 20, 2007 9:46 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

She's probably not a Chiefs fan. :0)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home