Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

I'm So Glad

Crazy Horse sculpture - work in progressA co-worker recently joined up with several other dudes and biked it to the annual rally/events in Sturgis, South Dakota. He reported seeing it all while there. All kinds of craziness and revelry. Also saw ZZ Top in concert. He says the multi-hour bike ride from KC and then back home wasn't too bad.

He made it by to see Mount Rushmore and the Crazy Horse sculpture. The latter is a work in progress. I've never visited this part of the woods. Would love to someday. I bet it is fantastic.
Mount Rushmore in South DakotaI have managed to tool around to many other places. Just last week the odometer hit 100,000 miles on the PT. Can't believe it. Two years ago I moved into a job role in an office that added about 22 miles each way to the commute. That alone is an extra 10,000 or more miles a year. That extended commute, of course, happened just as Hurricane Katrina made its arrival and gas prices shot to over $2 on a steady basis.

Life is a highway! But, obviously, I drive much more than just to and from the place of employment. I think the odometer represents many exciting adventures, fun times, movies watched, dinners shared, and moments with family and friends. Maybe a bit of trouble-making along the way too.

And speaking of hitting the road, can't resist taking a quick sec to say so long to Karl Rove and in due time Alberto Gonzalez. I'm so glad we had this time with these two. I pray I live long enough to read what the history books will say about them.

2 Comments:

At August 31, 2007 8:47 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

forget about mount rushmore and karl rove!!!! what are you naming your new little monster????? that is the important topic....she needs to have a name to make her forever home official!!

 
At September 04, 2007 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sure it is Gabby. Sorry for the delay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home