Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Living The Wild Life

DIADowntown Denver Going to post a pics from the Denver trip. Was there in late October 2007, but just now getting pics published. I have more than one post of Denver pics. All have been diligently sitting as drafts. The goal is to make one live every other day or so.

The first is of the Denver airport. An interesting place. It's designed to look like mountain peaks. The other is of downtown Denver. A really great city. I enjoyed. The Rockies, the pro baseball team, were World Series bound while I was there. That fact generated much excitement in the city as folks prepared for the series. You might remember that the Rockies sadly lost in four games.

The Wild Crew at Denver HRCIn addition to walking around the stadium as press and fans gathered waiting for tickets to go on sale or for an announcement regarding tickets (the team's server failed with initial sales as there were millions of hits within seconds), we also made the important trip to the Hard Rock Cafe. (That was a monster of a sentence.) The Denver location is cool. It also was full. We had a wait for a table. Reminded me of old days of HRCs. The Wild Crew and I enjoyed the outing.

After lunch we walked to the Denver Mint. Actually, we had to walk back to the car first to leave our belongings. The Mint does not allow folks to carry in anything. No cell phones, cameras, purses, underwear. Just kidding on the last one.

The tour through the place was fascinating. We saw live production of pennies and quarters. In the gift shop, I picked up the newest state quarter at the time and the current presidential dollar coin. The Wild Crew surprised me with a super-nice set of uncirculated presidential coins. They don't know yet but I may make it an annual trip to Denver to visit them and to get the newest set.

A walk through the Brown Palace Hotel and a Starbucks stop made the trek back to the car very nice. It really was a great time hopping around downtown Denver. By the way, it was my first-ever trip to this city.

The Wild Wife with one of the Wild SonsPicked up two guitar pins at the Hard Rock. One is a traditional guitar while the second is designed to resemble Red Rocks, a Denver amphitheater. Organizing the guitar pin collection is a goal for 2008. The collection very well likely tops 100. Once it is all organized, I promise to post a pic of it.

2 Comments:

At January 12, 2008 9:06 PM, Blogger Lone Star Purrs said...

Momma eated at that HRC!!! She likes to get the "city tees" when she goes. She's got LOTS! Her project is to make a qwilt wif all of the shirts. She nefur did make it to the one in Dallas tho...efun tho that's where she grew up.
::purrs::
~Meeko & Kiara

 
At January 12, 2008 9:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the one in Dallas was long my favorite. But I heard it is now closed. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home