Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Political Picks

The race is heating up in Missouri! It really is exciting. Part of what I think makes it engaging is that not only is the race historical, but there are several good, strong and capable candidates. Barack Obama was in Kansas City, Missouri on Tuesday evening. Nightline was live from Kansas City that night. Earlier in the day Mr. Obama was in Kansas, near Wichita.

The Kansas governor, Katheleen Sebelius, provided the Democratic response to the President's State of the Union speech Monday night. On Tuesday she endorsed Mr. Obama. Missouri's U.S. senator, Claire McCaskill, endorsed him too. I think tonight I saw at least five TV ads on his behalf. Two for Ms. Clinton.

Tuesday it was announced that some citizens are starting a recall petition against Kansas City's mayor. He was just elected, by barely 1,000 votes, just a few months ago. It seemed like he could accomplish much. I haven't given up on him, but the sea he is on sure is rocky!

Sarah Steelman announced her intent to run for Missouri governor. Her decision came after the sitting governor said he wouldn't run again. My impression is that she's sharp.

So often political races come down to folks saying "I don't like either of them, so I voted for so-and-so as the lesser of two evils." Having qualified to somewhat-qualified, compassionate and passionate, eloquent, intelligent, driven, plan-oriented, and interesting candidates sure does make the whole process exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home