Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Random Thoughts On Jan. 15, 2008

Did I mention that the new driver's license expires in 2014. Doesn't that sound all Star Trek like? I wonder what I'll be driving.

Gas here is about $2.86 on the Missouri side. Always more on the Kansas side. I heard a news report that a year ago at this time in KC it was about $1.60. It has to hurt. And somewhere something likely is giving. I'm hoping our economy issures are a "correction" that passes and not a long-running recession.

Heard Monday night on the news that Sprint and Cerner are planning layoffs. Not at all good news for Kansas City. NovaStar already or is in the process of pink slipping most of their people. I read they are keeping 30. I think they once had over 2,000 nationwide. Somehow, Hallmark is the only local company that does layoffs quietly. It never makes news there. But I hope they are having none.

It was Jan. 15, 1994 that I started a serious weight-loss, workout program. I ended up losing almost 30 pounds by April 1 of that year and treated myself with a week of sunning on Miami's South Beach. Much like Gabby, I'm all about the treats and rewards. What happens this year is a mystery.

Still no Oklahoma quarter sighted.

2 Comments:

At January 15, 2008 10:49 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

I have not seen an Oklahoma quarter either - or for that matter a Wyoming quarter from last year. Gas is 3.23 at Sams Club and 3.35 at the "cheap" places. - Meezer Mom Mary

 
At January 15, 2008 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet I have extra Wyoming ones, if you need one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home