Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Traveling Life's Road

On Sunday a friend told me she was diagnosed with breast cancer. Her revelation brought tears to her eyes. It was an emotional moment. I can't even imagine first noticing a lump, feeling that panic and anxiety, calling for an appointment, going to the doctor, having a biopsy, and finally learning the diagnosis. She received the news Jan. 3.

Good news is that all is good as far as breast cancer goes. Small lump, stage 1, caught early and all else. She and I didn't get a chance to visit further as we were interrupted. I didn't have a chance to ask her if it was OK to share her situation, so I'm not going to provide a name.

I remember as a high schooler or while in college hearing of parents of my friends learning about a cancer diagnosis or some other disease. It is strange now being the age of those parents and its now us dealing and going through this stuff. Life's highways sure are full of bumps, curves, pot holes and other challenges. We can't ever forget that the overall ride must be a fun one!

Although I am 100 percent certain everything will be fine, my heart is sad. Your thoughts and prayers for my friend are appreciated.

1 Comments:

At January 07, 2008 9:27 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Oh Cowboy, mommy's eyes are leaking. Even though it sounds like it will be ok, it's still a very scairty thing for anyone to go through. We are sending out lots of purrsss and purrayers for your friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home