Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

It's Election Day!

Vote. Vote! VOTE!

If your state is participating in Tuesday's primaries, I hope you make it a priority to go to your precinct to cast your vote.

I am so pumped about election day! Seriously. I can barely stand it. The excitement and overall level of engagement are awesome. And the opportunity to be part of this historical U.S. election day is thrilling. I can't seem to get enough news about it all. I just read, read, read about each of the candidates, what the pundits have to say, what the anti-ads have to state, what each side works to claim.

Back in junior high, I remember the night that George Nigh was elected governor. I stayed up as long as Mom would let me watching the election-night coverage. It was exciting. As a 4-H'er, I had the opportunity to see and meet him at the state fair and other events. In 1982, he was elected to a second term. He has the distinguished record of being the only governor to carry all 77 of Oklahoma's counties.

Before he was governor, when he was in the state legislature, he helped to make sure that "Oklahoma!" became the state song. That alone proves he was a great guy and a politician who had his priorities right.

His daughter attended Oklahoma State the same time I did. She was a Pi Phi. It was common to see Gov. Nigh, his wife Donna, and their daughter walking across campus. Seeing him made me think that even I could be Oklahoma's governor someday.

That didn't happen. But, by golly, my zealotry for a strong candidate and an exciting election has never wavered.

4 Comments:

At February 05, 2008 10:08 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

I wish I could vote in the NY Primary, but, alas, I am not registered with a party. I kind of refuse to abide by the party line for any political party. It usually ends up that I don't like any of the candidates for the party that I registered with, so I re-registered as Independent. In some states I would be allowed to vote in the primary, but not in NY. That is as it should be. Around here it's Hillary country (although Obama is making a strong showing and even my cousin is a paid staffer of his) and all of the republicans around here just vote for who they're told to vote for - which is probably McCain. So, it's not so exciting here as in other states.
I will miss adding to my collection of "I voted today" stickers though!
Mary

 
At February 05, 2008 10:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have my "I Voted" sticker on!

 
At February 05, 2008 9:03 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

My mom gets all excited too. She voted, but she didn't get a sticker. Heck, some places around here ran out of ballots, there was such a turnout!

 
At February 06, 2008 12:25 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

It's almost 12:30 a.m. here. About 10 p.m. the AP and other outlets called Missouri for Mrs. Clinton. But now the vote has switched and Mr. Obama is leading. He's ahead by about 8,000 votes with 11 precincts left to report. That's amazing! Almost 800,000 people voted for the two of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home