Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Preparing For Bed And Morning Starts

Notice Daph while Gabby does a tumbling routineNow Daph's gone under the blankets while Gab's still at it












My tasks usually are to wrap up whatever I'm working on (work, laundry, blogging, home stuff, any number of things), to get the teeth brushed, and to settle down enough by midnight. I like being under the covers by the time Nightline starts.

The monsters have their own routines. By the way, Daphne is visiting this week. Gabby likes to hop on the bed and roll around to and fro. It's somewhat of a gymnastics routine. She speaks as I near her and enjoys every little scratch before dozing.

Daph stares at Gab's tumbling. Most likely wondering what it's all about. Then Daphne burrows as far as she can under the blanket.

Gabby is the first to wake. She makes it a point to acknowledge any sort of movement and for sure helps to make sure that I am aware that the alarm is sounding. Finally, after a snooze-button reprieve or two, I'm up and at'em. She likes being brushed each morning. She follows me about through coffee-making, bathroom, e-mail checking and other morning duties. Then she searches for the sun and wonders if there's any treats to be had.

Daphne sleeps through it all. She doesn't move a bit. No matter how excicting the information is on NPR, how short or long my shower is, or how much coffee I drink, Daph sleeps through it all. I have to prod her out from under the covers. Once going, the tail is waggling and she shimmies out the door for her morning business.

With this routine, needless to say, it's easy smiling as I back out the drive and prepare to tackle the world.

3 Comments:

At February 29, 2008 4:03 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Hi Gabby!!! you is looking beautiful!

 
At February 29, 2008 7:16 PM, Blogger Parker said...

Ain't kitties grand????

 
At March 01, 2008 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always tell Army Boy that Daphne is our "little teenager!!" She just does NOT like to get up in the mornings! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home