Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Random Thoughts On April 7, 2008

With about three-quarters of the game left, my bet is that Kansas will win the NCAA Championship. It will be sweet for them since it has been 20 years since their last championship. And they have been close several times in between.

What I hate is that it will be burdensome for us in the Kansas City area that will have to deal with the gloating and overbearing Jayhawks fan. For the next year we will never hear the end of it. Ick.

The pics are scenes from my hotel window. Generally speaking I enjoyed Reno. I'd make it a point to return even when not on a business trip. As mentioned before, I'm not a gamer. So, no dollars lost that way. But I did spend my share eating out, on postcards and other items. Plus, the work meeting was very productive.

Tuesday is leaf day in my hood. Max of 20 bags. I worked all weekend long. Almost eight hours on Sunday and about four on Saturday. Plus four the week before. I have 17 bags. Still need to haul them to the curb yet tonight. I know the neighbors wonder what this crazy dude is doing hauling bags to the curb at 9 p.m. If asked, I'd tell them I had to blog first.

MMcB spent an almost-24-hour period in Atlanta the other day, which including countless hours in the airport. She told me security stopped her because she was looking somewhat psychotic. Oh my!

Sexy Lady joined me in chowing down some food at Margarita's Sunday night. It was all I could do to not lick out the bowl with cheese dip. After all the raking, I was mighty hungry.

Trying to pick out new knobs/pulls for the kitchen cabinets. The question is does one also replace all the hinges to match? Then what's next? All the door knobs? All the key locks? All the .... And I want something different in each room. Does the inside knob match that room and the outside knob in the hallway match the rest of the house.

The head is starting to hurt thinking about it all. FOCUS. One task at a time.

3 Comments:

At April 08, 2008 8:22 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

your town doesn't have a leaf sucking machine, you still have to bag leaves? that's silly!! putting something that you could make compost from in something that doesn't degrade. people is silly!!!
we have a leaf sucking machine in our town and it's SCAIRTY! but it takes the leafs and eats them and then people can go get some for compost if they haven't saved theirs already.

 
At April 08, 2008 10:27 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

I shot a man in Reno just to see him...oh no, wait. That wasn't me.

I think your leaf day is like ours--they take the green waste and recycle it, right? Here they get all cranky if green stuff winds up in the landfill, but they only collect it twice a year!

Mom says about the hinges, it depends on how much hair you want to pull out of your head.

 
At April 11, 2008 8:29 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

you SHOT a man?!!!!! I want to hear that story some day.

You are right, William, about our leaf day. Twice a year, all recylced, only green stuff. Only bags. No tape or plastic, but twine is OK.

What if you don't have much hair to pull?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home