Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Mission Accomplished 2

Found this picture in my pics saved. I am an archiver at heart, meaning, I like to save stuff. Some might say "a pack rat." News articles, pics, programs and the like. I say it is for "historical purposes." So that when I am sitting up alone, at 80 with 20 cats, I can thumb through everything and recollect. The good ol' days.

In any case ..... sometimes I look at this guy and wonder how he ever became president. He's such a doof. I'm not saying I was opposed to him during those two elections, but looking at him now makes me laugh. I can just imagine him Saturday night saying, "You're a good guy, Henry. Heh, heh. I know you'll treat my Baby Jenna good. Heh, heh. You're a Bush now. Mission accomplished! Now go out and score me some grandkids." With a big slap on the back.

Strange to think that Al Gore won the popular vote in 2000. (For the record, I'm a fan of the Electoral College.) And in 2004 not too many people voting differently in Ohio could have changed the outcome for John Kerry. No telling what kind of shape we'd be in now. Maybe worse!

Only history will tell. I often have said I hope I live long enough to see what history will say about W. My prayer is that history will report that he made the tough decisions that needed making. That the U.S. and Americans everywhere ended up safer. That the loss of thousands of lives was worth the sacrifice. That we broke away from our dependence on foreign oil. That Americans learned valuable lessons from a credit crunch and hurting economy. That the government eventually got smaller. And lots of other things.

I'm just rambling typing now. Even if history records that just one of those things occurred because of this presidency that will be fantastic.

Jenna and Henry's wedding is now part of presidential history. Someday our children, grandchildren or others may see her gown, Henry's suit or wedding pics in the Smithsonian. For sure in the "W" Presidential Library.

I had a coffee mug with pictures of all the U.S. Presidents on it. I purchased it while at a D.C. gift shop. I kept it in my D.C.-themed bathroom. The mug had Presidential dollar coins in it.

Notice I said "had." For whatever reason, Sunday night I decided to put it in the dishwasher. Nowhere did it indicate not dishwasher safe. About two-thirds of the U.S. Presidents appeared to have melted away. :( The drying cycle killed it. Looks like that mug is now history!

1 Comments:

At May 13, 2008 10:25 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

were the presidents that disappeared all from one party? that would be funny.

Although I do think it's too soon to judge what history will bear out, but I think that W should just retire to his ranch and stay out of the public spotlight for a long time. and yes, I think he's a doof too. Truman was "homey" (from what my parents say) W is just........ well, I can't find a word for it besides "doofy".
He's turned my 25 year old cousin off to the republican party so much that he is now a paid staffer for Obama. That's kind of sad.
MeezerMomMary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home