Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

New Record

This week will mark five years and five months of employment at my company. That's a new record for me. The previous record was five years and four months, with a company in between at five years and three months. For whatever reason, I usually get antsy as the five-year mark approaches. I always think there's more I need to be doing, which usually means I have to move.

This current gig has been a sweet ride. I remember in 2003 when I accepted the assignment my boss provided full disclosure stating we likely would be searching for new roles within 18 to 24 months. I decided I'd take the gamble for the experiences I thought might be ahead. He was right. Just over 24 months later he was leaving the company and I was moving to a new role. And I was right in taking the gamble.

I've learned tons over the last five years. I also know I've been able to contribute much to my company.

There's a great likelihood that my company will receive a "go ahead" this week to "evolve" to something new. Some co-workers even say the company is dying. The evolution makes me very sad. That said, I look forward to the challenges ahead and can't wait to learn what is next. Plus, I'll be extending the new record even further.

2 Comments:

At June 30, 2008 9:53 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

happy annifurrsary Cowboy!!!! 5 years is a LONG time - we has not even been alive 5 years!! oh, wait, mommy says that saying things like that makes peoples feel old, so we is sorry.

 
At July 13, 2008 11:02 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Hey, we need an update. Is the evolution going as you expected?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home