Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Random Thoughts On June 30, 2008

Can't sleep on Sunday night, but it's actually Monday morning. Thus, the June 30 date.

Glad to know I'm not the only one at there having a bit of trouble thinking of topics for blog posts. Thanks for your comments.

Mowed the lawn Sunday afternoon. As I wheeled the mower back into the garage I thought of my niece. The California Niece that just visited. The older one, not Mia. (I think I need a stylebook so that I can remember the names that I give folks in prior posts. I'm all about consistency.)

Anyway, I glanced about my garage and thought about her. While here, she mentioned to me that my garage reminded her of Monk's garage. Having a cable-free home, I know the character but haven't seen any episodes. She recapped a portion of a episode for me. Made me chuckle. And it made me smile today as I used the blower to clean out the garage a bit.

Thursday was Good Deed Thursday. While pulling into the driveway, I noticed the neighbor's dog walking along the sidewalk all alone. Mid-curb with the car, I opened the door and beckoned the critter. She came to me, so I picked her up and put her in the car with me.

About that time, the neighbor to the north was waving at me. Rolling down the window, I learned the request was for a jumpstart. It was a hot day and she was on her way to take the kids swimming. The car wasn't starting, though. The other neighbor's dog and I hopped over to the north neighbor's drive. While the cables were working their magic, the dog's daddy came walking down the sidewalk on a search for his monster.

Later, I met BET for dinner. There, a homeless-looking lady walked up to us and asked for a ride to a nearby Waffle House. After a short debate, we decided to fulfill her request. As we dropped her off, with her two shopping bags of belongings, it donned on me she likely is homeless. Hanging out in 24-hour spots to stay safe. Made me a bit sad.

The night ended with me writing up a statement for BET to utilize in professional settings. It was fun helping her out with the project.

1 Comments:

At June 30, 2008 9:51 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

sounds like a busy Thursday!!! As my grandmother would say - you will just get to heaven faster now . It's sad to see more and more homeless people out there on the streets. MeezerMomMary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home