Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

More Portrait Gallery Images














Pics above are portraits of Abraham Lincoln and of Stephen Douglas. The latter was Mr. Lincoln's opponent in his first run for U.S. President. They were well known for their debates.

Final tally: Lincoln -- 1,866,452; Douglas -- 1,375,157. Electoral votes were 180 to 12. (Remember I am a proponent of the Electoral College.) Evidently, which my history learning provides me absolutely no recollection of this fact, there was a second Democrat that ran that year. John Breckinridge received 845,763 votes and 72 votes from the Electoral College. Hmmm?

FYI, Hannibal Hamlin was Mr. Lincoln's vice president. It was Andrew Johnson during his second term when he beat George McClellan.

Pic below is of a portrait of Thomas Edison. My hero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home