Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Random Thoughts On September 22, 2008

Drove 14 miles on Monday. The entire day. Only 14 miles. I am loving my new commute.

Recently determined that pizza by the slice is evil. It is the root of my weight gain. That and margaritas, Mexican food, and eating out while on road trips. You know, I wish Target served margaritas. I may have to suggest that to them. Pushing around carts, sipping on a maragarita. Sounds great.

The crickets are driving me crazy. Gabby is totally fascinated by them.

Tried to watch some of the Emmy broadcast Sunday night. The show bored me. I wanted Holly Hunter, Kristin Chenoweth, Christina Applegate and Doogie Howser to win ... although I've never watched the shows for the last two. None of them won.

Can't wait to see "Ugly Betty" premier this week. "Pushing Daisies" starts Oct. 1. ABC is really pushing "Pushing." I hope it gains a bigger audience. It's a great show. Missed "Dancing" Monday night. Forgot it was starting. Maurice Green is a Kansas City, Kansas dude.

Paid $3.27 a gallon for gas Monday night.

My buddy, The Artist, had an opening in Norman, Okla. this past Friday. Wish I could have seen it. I hear it was very well attended. I was in Kansas City attending The Plaza Art Fair. The weather was splendid. The crowd was HUGE. I was there with three of the Schramwiches. Those kids lasted until 10:30 p.m. with their Uncle Cowboy.

A local residential treatment center for children asked me to serve on their board of directors. I'm actually really pumped about it. The center does very good work. Volunteering on the board will be tons of work, but something I am really looking forward to.

There are mole tunnels in my yard. That's irritating. And I need to mow.

2 Comments:

At September 23, 2008 10:46 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Congrats on the BOD election!

We're still at about $3.45.

We got our new government tracking devices--I mean DTV converter boxes--and we have no signal about 80% of the time. How annoying is that?

Mom says she fell off the food wagon and then it rolled over her and crushed her. If Russell chased her all around all day, she'd be able to eat anything she wanted all the time and never gain an ounce, like me! She likes the whole margaritas-at-Target thing.

 
At September 24, 2008 11:58 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I often worry about those government tracking devices, ummm, DTV converter boxes. I'm not overly paranoid, but do wonder about them. If you've ever visited the Holocaust Museum in D.C. I think one could be further paranoid. It is amazing how Hitler slowly but surely gained favor and popularity, secured powered, and tracked people.

Do you still have your rabbit ears with the converter box? I can move around the ears and get a better signal for all my weather and religious stations.

Thanks for the congrats on the BOD. Next time you're having Mexican, be sure to have a margarita to toast with me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home