Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Kickoff

Did you know that kick off is a verb and kickoff is a noun?

- It's time to kick off the campaign.
- The kickoff for the campaign always is exciting.

The English language is fun that way. And a little confusing too, I know. Did you know that follow-up is an adjective and noun, but follow up always is a verb?

The other thing I can't stand is the Microsoft likes to spell check anything ending in "wide." But, if you look up words in the dictionary, they're all one word. Such as citywide, nationwide and others. It's correct to write campuswide, countywide, companywide, etc... You won't see it that way, though. Everyone wants to add a dash. Generally, I've given up the battle on that one.

United Ways in my area are kicking off. I've been invited to attend many of the kickoffs. I think the events always are exciting. A very neat gathering of folks and companies that are sincerely interested in uniting to do something good for our communities. Very cool. Plus, I love the whole setting of lofty goals and then working across our companies and in turn our communities/region to reach the goal. Just one of the many things that get me motivated.

The kickoff to kick off stuff in my workplace building is Tuesday, Oct. 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home