Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

In Honor

I think I saw gasoline around $1.78 a gallon Monday night at Quick Trip.

I can't believe it has been a week since the Presidential Election. I am hoping and praying that with the change in political landscape will come a change in the economy. This week we've heard about the bad fortunes of employees at Circuit City (where I bought both of my laptops), The Kansas City Star newspaper, Sprint, Harold's men's stores, potentially Embarq, Dillard's .... the list could be longer if I sit and think about it. Not good at all.

And as I say all that, I don't really like my job. Well ... I like my work, what I do and the tasks I have on hand. But I still wonder about the culture, dynamics, office politics and people. There was one day last week where I was sure I hated it. But two days where I felt it was perfect.

Sad that my Cowboys couldn't even play a close game against Texas Tech.

Speaking of work, we got today off. Seriously! Veteran's Day is a company holiday. I've never worked anywhere that allowed Veteran's Day off. Of course, haven't done anything productive. Or anything to honor a veteran. I am thankful though.

2 Comments:

At November 11, 2008 9:15 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Sorry about the workplace, Cowboy. It's hard to keep focus on the good stuff when there's a bunch of bad.

 
At November 12, 2008 6:29 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

it's getting hard all over. there's not a lot to smile about much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home