Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Drowzeeeeee!

I have a toothache. A rarity for me. When I was in high school, I had some cavity problems. After all that, I decided then to be tooth obsessive ... always brushing, flossing, getting cleanings. The whole bit. Have ony had one cavity filled since. And some teeth fixed after a brawl. That was back when I was much younger and a tougher guy than I am now.

After many years of good reports, I quit going to the dentist. Haven't been in four or five years.

Got in to a dentist Tuesday morning thinking that it was an old filling needing to be replaced. I did munch quite a bit on peanut brittle given to me while I was in Oklahoma recently. As a matter of fact, ate most of it while on the five-hour ride home. It can be dangerous on teeth.

The doc tells me I need a root canal.

A root canal?1? How can someone with good teeth need a root canal? Surely that is wrong.

I thought of getting a second opinion. I did call my long-time 4-H friend and college chum who is now an endodontist in Oklahoma. I haven't talked to her in 10 or so years, but we annually exchange birthday cards. She asked questions and I gave her all my symptoms. Her conclusion ... I'm likely a root canal candidate.

Makes me sad. It's always something. Darnit. I go in Friday morning.

You better believe that label when it says Hydrocodene might cause drowsiness. Wow. At work, at home, everywhere ... I can barely keep my eyes open.

7 Comments:

At January 14, 2009 10:57 PM, Blogger meemsnyc said...

Oh no. Sorry to hear about the root canal. I had one done over a year ago, its not a fun process. It takes 3 visits to the dentist for the procedure. Hope it goes well.

 
At January 14, 2009 11:52 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Three????? They didn't tell me that. :( (that's a frown but also a horrified look)

 
At January 15, 2009 7:28 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Yeah, my mom has has a couple. Depends on the dentist as to how bad the whole procedure is. But yes, three visits--first you get the root canal and temporary filling, then you get the fake crown while the new one is made, and third when you get the permanent crown.

 
At January 15, 2009 7:59 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I can't wait!

 
At January 16, 2009 9:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be just fine... I've had several root canals and even had one when I was pregnant and could not take any pain meds!! However I've never had a root canal when they did not do a crown immediately following... talk about cha ching!!!

 
At January 16, 2009 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. I'm sure you have very good dental insurance... they pay well on root canals and crowns... usually at least 50%... FYI. GOOD LUCK!!!

 
At January 16, 2009 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray you're feeling better after the dentist visit. Hopefully, you're feeling no pain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home