Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Random Thoughts On Jan. 9, 2009

Gasoline is right around $1.59. I think it will steadily go up over the next few weeks. I think the lowest I saw it get was around $1.37.

The economy, the economy, the economy. That's all we are hearing. It does seem pretty dire. Makes me nervous. I hate hearing the stories of layoffs. I am really hoping the uphill climb is right around the corner.

The weather was fantastic in Kansas City on Friday. Over 60 degrees. It caused me to not be very focused on work. Of course, ice and snow is in the forecast for Saturday.

I thought the University of Oklahoma might beat Florida for the BCS Championship. Reminder: OU is NOT my school. I don't root for them ... but I also never root against them. I just watch and remain indifferent. I'd never root for them, though. They are "them" and not "us." VMc and RMc went to the game. Several of my other friends went too.

The Miss America Pageant is coming up at the end of the month. Everyone talks about how that pageant has lost its lustre. That it's a relic. I can see that. In any case, while in Collinsville, OK recently I passed a home with a sign declaring that it was the home of Miss Oklahoma. I do hope the hometown girl does well.

I went to the tlc.com site to see what they had on there about the contestants. Really just wanted to see "Collinsville" listed. I found a place where you can upload a pic and wear the crown. I made Mom Miss America. The pic makes me chuckle hard.

Sexy Lady, Army Boy, Daphne and Cash Man have travelled across the country. At least the eastern part. They are in the Alexandria, Virginia area the next few months. That means Daph will not have an opportunity to hang with Gabby and me.

We took down many of our Christmas crap today. Well.... moved it to the basement at least. Next step will be storage.

Couldn't resist ..... also uploaded a picture of Gabby. There she is! Gabrielle A Little Monster. Miss America, 2009.

3 Comments:

At January 10, 2009 4:53 PM, Blogger meemsnyc said...

We think Gabrielle would make a wonderful Miss America.

 
At January 10, 2009 9:53 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Gabby, you are a beautiful Miss America!!!

 
At January 11, 2009 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!!! Your Miss America photos made me laugh out loud!! Love the one of Gabby! We miss you and I just asked Daphne yesterday if she missed her Uncle? She does. We've been going on lots of walks outside and inside the hotel. She's legal here so we are all about walking the halls! Yesterday we took the Metro to DC and walked around Arlington Cemetery and the Library of Congress and also stopped by the Capitol's steps. It was a fun day. Hope you can come and visit soon! We'll be back Feb. 13 for a visit to KC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home