Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Random Thoughts On Jan. 19, 2009

Survived the root canal. It didn't hurt. I didn't feel pain. I did feel like the whole process was somewhat invasive. And being the overly reflective person I am, I think I beat myself up quite a bit regarding the ordeal. In any case, it's done.

I was loaded up on pain meds most of Friday and Saturday. Also had stayed away from coffee and Diet Coke since Thursday. By Saturday afternoon, I felt rotten. By Sunday it felt flu like. Bodily functions acting up like mad, with absolutely no appetite. It wasn't until Monday afternoon that I started to feel better.

Still haven't put away all the Christmas garb. Have you? Most of it has migrated downstairs. That's progress.

Can you believe the inauguration hype? There's no way to not get excited. Gabby's excited. I'm excited. It's exciting.

I really and sincerely am glad to see W leave the Whitehouse. I never was a big fan. I thought he was a war monger and out of touch. But, who am I? I like asparagus. Eponine was more the fighter and supporter. She believed there was always a reason to pull out the claws.

I continue to pray that history will show us that he did make the right decisions for our country. I also pray that O (not be confused with the talk-show host) not only convinces us to believe in change but also brings change. Real change.

I also agree. It's not just up to government to create change. It's up to us too. I hope you are feeling inspired, encouraged, hopeful, a little nervous and cautious, and excited.

2 Comments:

At January 20, 2009 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cowboy, I agree with your thoughts about the Inauguration!! It's very exciting and maybe even more so since we are right here in the heart of it all!! You should have come this weekend to visit us (Daphne misses her Uncle Cowboy!!) and went down to all the festivities!! Hope you are well, we miss you!!

 
At January 20, 2009 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, "gone down to all the festivities..." my English sucks! ;) That's what happens when you do not proofread before hitting publish! ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home