Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

No. 51

Two of my friends celebrate birthdays on April 15. MegMcB and Judy Mc. Neither are 51. One is older than the other and one is younger. Hope they both had great days.

Got my taxes all done and filed. Even filed an amended return or two. Really. Long story. Got the task done and am proud of it. Fewer and fewer folks are mailing returns. I remember back in the day going to the Post Office on tax night just to be part of the madness. This year at 8:53 p.m. the line of cars was only eight deep in front of me. Electronic is the way to go.

I owed more than $51 and received a refund of more than $51. From the feds as well as Missouri.

Have had a "roadshow presentation" the last month or so. I think I've done easily a dozen or so. Another knocked out on Wednesday. I enjoy the outreach throughout the company and educating. Been kind of fun.

Today's program was at a downtown office building. It afforded me the opportunity to run to a Post Office within a different downtown building to purchase stamps. With those in hand, I was crazy slapping those babies on the envelopes containing my tax returns. Quick shout out to the LouLou for providing those envelopes from her handy-dandy office supply stash.

Twenty years from now, there will be no one around that remember licking stamps.

In my change from the kind postal clerk? A Puerto Rico quarter.

2 Comments:

At April 15, 2009 10:58 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

OK, so I'm only a cat, but what is a Puerto Rico quarter? Is it part of the set? I don't think we've seen that. My mom got a Euro penny-like object the other day (Ireland) in some change and she let me have it. I'm just saving it, though.

 
At April 15, 2009 11:40 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

It is part of the "set." Except, my quarter board sure doesn't have a spot for it. Nor was this Cowboy even remotely expecting it. But, by golly, there it was in my change. A Puerto Rico quarter!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home