Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Random Thoughts On June 21, 2009

Longest day of the year .... the first day of Summer ..... Solstice. I spent the entire day inside my home. Never even stepped outside. Actually, I think I did stand on the porch for a minute and look around. Decided it was to hot to do any outside work.

Did get laundry done and many other tasks in the home. Never enough though. Watched three episodes of "Saving Grace" from season 2. I don't have cable (by choice), and just purchased the dvd. Also got "True Blood." On Saturday watched four episodes from season 1.

The latter is pretty intense. Anna Paquin is a favorite. She was on NPR's "Fresh Air" earlier this month, inspiring me to purchase the DVD. It was on sale at Target for $24.99. The first Target was sold out. But now that there's four in KC's northland I just ran to another.

"Saving Grace" is just crazy. Holly Hunter has come a long way since "Broadcast News." She's so skinny. I really like her. It just dawned on me .... Holly and Anna were in "The Piano" together (both winning Oscars), a movie I very much liked. Love, Passion, Obsession. And now they both have shows on cable. That second episode of "Grace" got me a little teary-eyed.

Also mowed and many other things over the weekend. Not just tv-watching

Gasoline is around $2.39. Got to as high as $2.55. I bet it will go up again around the Fourth of July.

2 Comments:

At June 22, 2009 1:11 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

the mom says that if gas goes up again here it will be over $3 per gallon - about doubling what it was about 6 months ago.

 
At June 22, 2009 8:40 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

We spent the weekend hearing my mom installing a little window AC in her room. We couldn't help because she was afraid someone would fly out of a open window. The bracket was the stupidest part, I think--that got a lot of swears. Then on Sunday she decided it should be in a different window! (Moms!) Anyway, the second time went faster, and if you could see our squatty little crank-out windows with the metal frames you'd understand why we were glad not to snoopervise. In the end, though, Mom said it was the best thing she's done recently. Now we don't have to run the Pratt & Whitney to all hours just getting her room down to 80°.

She may be on the verge of whining about the gas prices ($2.69). After the car-squashing incident with the tree, she got a wild hair and decided to get a Ford Fusion (not a hybrid, though). Well, it gets about 8 miles a gallon less than the little Chevy Aveo. I just hope the difference doesn't come out of our cat toy budget!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home