Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Random Thoughts On June 4, 2009

Had three big deadlines this past Monday. Leading up to them gave me much anxiety. Met one without too much problem. Will now await the response form the feds. Struggled quite a bit with the other two. One task was completed today, but before I left the office I found an oversight. Curses. The other task I hope to have checked off the list on Friday. The lateness is not entirely my fault. But ... the bottom line is that the deadlines were missed. Darn!

After working some this past Saturday, May 30, on those above-mentioned projects, played a little on Saturday too. Hooper's, Kohl's, Macy's and a few other stops. Then that night attended the annual Bloom Party! It's just not the same without MegMcB, but I still had a fantastic time. Saw lots of old chums. The event was at the Midland Theater downtown and was well attended. Much fun.

When I'm typing, Gab attacks me. If I make eye contact she peers into my eyes and lets out an endearing and begful "MEOWWWW!" It's like, "Pet me. Now." Then she starts to massage me. Back and forth with each paw. It cracks me up. If I blow her a kiss she responds with a "mmmrrrrowwww." She also likes to cuddle.

A co-worker was killed in a car accident earlier this week. While on his way to work. I didn't know him that well, but had interacted in several meetings. Enough that I knew he was someone I liked. According to reports, a speeding vehicle caused the accident, not the co-worker. However, it is believed the co-worker did not have on the safety belt. He was thrown from his vehicle when it flipped several times. 48, married, with children. Very sad.

Gasoline is about $2.38. One station on the trip home Thursday night was at $2.49 and another $2.42, but all the others were $2.38. The higher is a station that has no employees. Credit card only.

Thursday's weather was incredible. A co-worker and I took off at lunch and walked for 45 minutes all around downtown. It was a nice walk. Then we stopped at Subway. You guess right ... "five dollar, five dollar ....."

Hey Teresa. Welcome to KC! Missouri or Kansas?

3 Comments:

At June 05, 2009 1:48 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

wow lots going on. Gabby is such a little sweetie pie!!

we is sorry about your co-worker - how tragic. our mommy never even leaves the driveway without her seatbelt fastened. one bad accident will change behavior forever.

 
At June 05, 2009 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me and my two monsters are on the Missouri side, up in the Northlands. For a lifelong Okie, I'm learning to love it here - but Oklahoma will always be 'home'.

We Okies must stick together - at least until it's football season (I'm also a lifelong Sooner fan).

Teresa, now of KCMO

 
At June 05, 2009 9:33 PM, Anonymous Ep's Cowboy said...

I'm north! ..... but closer to downtown than the airport.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home