Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

One More Angel In Heaven

My friend Kim's son passed away on Tuesday. Just typing those words makes me horribly sad. He was 11. He had a rare brain tumor/cancer and had received the diagnosis more than a year ago. It was uncertain that he would battle on this long, but fight he did.

Hope is what his family and friends did. It has been a huge reminder to me that no matter how bleak a situation may appear, one must never give up hope. We must do all we can to diligently work hard to change a diagnosis, a situation, a matter. Move heaven and earth. Do all we can to make it happen. We can't let anyone build a fence around us.

And the story doesn't end there .... about two years ago Kim battled a bout with breast cancer and within the last 10 days was in surgery for colon cancer and reportedly went back into surgery on Tuesday.

Your thoughts and prayers for Kim, her husband Ken, their son Caleb, and their three sons Jacob, Seth and Luke, are cherished.

Give your loved one an extra hug in Caleb's memory.

2 Comments:

At August 12, 2009 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes, words just don't do it.


I'm so sorry. Your friend's family will be in my prayers

Teresa in KCMO

 
At September 30, 2009 9:20 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

sorry we have not visited in so long - we hopes that you are ok. we are very sorry for the loss of Caleb.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home