Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

When One Becomes Two

MegMcB got her eyebrows done Sunday morning. She couldn't resist shooting me over a pic of the craftmanship. I guess they look pretty good. My little monster always was pretty proud of her whiskers, but I suppose a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

Speaking of eyebrows, do you remember how Hobbes' stripes always would become one big eyebrow? That always would give me a smile. Bill Watterson's Calvin & Hobbes When I was younger, I used to practice some of Hobbes' gestures. My brow became furrowed this past weekend when I discovered that "Doc" no longer was on Wayside's website. I knew I should've made my decision sooner.

This morning I learned that the friend of a friend, the one that originally found "Doc" and took him to the shelter since her 19-year-old Samantha wasn't keen on having a little brother, went back to get him. (How's that for a sentence?) He's done picked! Likely picked a month ago, but Samantha's mom needed some convincing.

This Cowboy also takes it a little personally since I've discovered Doc's now mother is another transplanted Okie living in the Kansas City area. That's an important fact to know because she changed his name to "Sooner." Now he will never know the orange way of the Cowboy.

9 Comments:

At January 30, 2006 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He wasn't your kitty, my dear. Yours will come. Don't you worry your Orange Cowboy head about it, lol...
~ tammara

 
At January 30, 2006 8:27 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

i guess he was not meant to be yours. you would have known right away if he were. but, there are other kitties there.............. when you are ready

 
At January 31, 2006 1:02 AM, Blogger prairiesunshine said...

awwwwwwww he was a cutie.... but that little black furball still looks adorable... I'd get me another one of those if I could. Though I keep thinking one pure white cat with little pink toes and pink nose would be so cute, and mix quite nicely with the two solid black ones. (Angel n Taz) My hubby keeps tempting fate and taking me to pet stores. He's asking for trouble I think ;O) I try to tell him that 3 cats is no harder than 2, but I have no clue, I've never had more than two cats :O) I can't keep up with litter duty as it is!!

I do hope someone picks you soon. Maybe even two someones cause I know they'd luv ya to bits!!

 
At January 31, 2006 6:56 AM, Blogger Spock said...

Your new baby will come...I sure did like the looks of that Doc guy though...wonder why!

 
At January 31, 2006 9:42 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

i'm glad Doc got a home.

 
At January 31, 2006 9:57 PM, Blogger Boni said...

Aw, it's good Doc got a forever home. :) So now you can go and get picked proper. Doc was real handsome but he was waitin for Samatha's Mom.

 
At February 01, 2006 12:28 AM, Blogger Meg said...

It's all about Doc. What about my eyebrows people?

 
At February 01, 2006 2:36 AM, Blogger Boni said...

Meg, I'm a cat. I've never met an eyebrows people. Oh wait, Mom said I read that wrong. Sorry! Your eyebrows look fine to me. Kind of hard to say though since I dunno how they looked before!

 
At February 01, 2006 9:50 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Les Trois-my Orange Cowboy head has been worried! Your reassurances are appreciated.

Becca, M&K-my Epi sure is taking her sweet time, but I think she's waiting for just the "just perfect" monster.

Meezers-You are too kind. I hope I'll be ready soon.

Sunshine-Doc sure was a cutie. Very captivating. But not near as handsome as Oreo, Edsel or Boni. If I find someone that combines the looks of those three, then that cat will be headed to Cowboy's.

I sometimes have wondered if Meg keeps eyebrows people in her spare bedroom. I've never been allowed to open the door to that room. I've wondered what might be locked up in there.

Robyn-neanderthal likely is putting it mildly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home