Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

You're Doing Fine

Jennifer Berry crowned Miss America We all have our guilty pleasures or things we might be a little crazy about. OK, so I have many things in my life that likely fit into this category. Is that a crime? Friends likely find it in endearing. (All are forbidden to post opposing thoughts.)

Eponine first mentioned this topic in a posting from August 2005, and again in a November posting. She would have enjoyed sharing the evening with me, or at least would have darted from the room with my outbursts.

Oklahoma's Jennifer Berry was crowned Miss America. Earlier in the week, I predicted to a friend that Jennifer would make Top 5. There's just something about her that gave me that feeling. She's a native of Jenks, just outside of Tulsa (and not to far from Collinsville), and is a student at the other Oklahoma state school. It's been 10 years since the last Oklahoma winner. Although I still think Casey should have won two years ago. I guess Erika was really smart. Oklahoma is among only a few with 5 winners.

I watched the show with Sexy Lady on Army Boy's huge big-screen tv which made me feel like I was sitting on the front row. I had no idea Jennifer's eyes were so big. Oh, and the periodic text messages from a Schramwich added fun to the evening.

7 Comments:

At January 22, 2006 10:53 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Mommy says that she had not watched Miss America in years until last night. We watched it wif her. Pretty ladies. Mommy said that either Miss Oklahoma or Miss Georgia would win at the beginning of the show, so she was right.

 
At January 22, 2006 3:19 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Ummmm, Cowboy, you going soft in the head???

 
At January 22, 2006 7:23 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I've done gone loco a long time ago!! :~)

 
At January 22, 2006 10:31 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Cowboy, you need a hobby. Come play tub hockey with us! You can be the Commissioner.

 
At January 23, 2006 11:01 AM, Blogger Myst and Blackie said...

Mom watched part of it & she thought it was cool that a lot of the 10 finalist were Southern ladies - of course she was happy Miss Alabama did well

 
At January 23, 2006 1:34 PM, Blogger OldLady Of The Hills said...

I watched...sort of...too....I do feel like Miss America is still stuck back somewhere in a space capsule! Even the music they chose to play during some of the competitions is soooo 50's!!! But I saw my pal Lee Meriwether for 3 seconds when they showed the previous Miss America's...
I actually thought the other girl (I cannot remember what state she was from...woul win. But, I know nothing, as you can tell! (lol)

 
At January 24, 2006 1:18 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Hmmm ... a hockey commissioner. Sounds kind of interesting. I wonder if it pays well. Do you know, S-cubed?

I was shocked that there were no West Coast reps in the Top Ten. For a moment, I thought Alabama might have a repeat win. She was very pretty.

You're right ooloth, Miss America has a strange air to it. I very much appreciate the Oklahoma system, but I grew up being around it. It has evolved. But I can't quite put my finger on what is happening nationally. I rather watch this than some of the other reality programming though. And I actually appreciate those shows and watch a few when not working.

No way that you know Lee. How cool is that?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home