Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

It Is Better

Also in the April 18 issue of The Star is a letter to the editor from Nancy and Justin Lamar. The couple lives in Olathe, a suburb on the Kansas side of the metro area.

In the letter that The Star titled "A little love saved dog," Justin details how he and his wife four years ago met a little dog they named Ruby. His wife rescued the dog from Animal Haven. Ruby weighed three pounds when they brought her home and nursed her to health. He writes that they "saw her feisty and affectionate personality emerge ... Ruby has enjoyed her life with us. She is the sweetest, cutest and bossiest little dog!"

Sadly, he also writes that now Ruby is failing in health and that her age is catching up to her. He thanks God she came into their lives.

On Easter Sunday I did take a moment to visit my Eponine's grave. It warmed my heart to see many other people there visiting cherished friends and remembering good times.

7 Comments:

At April 18, 2006 12:48 PM, Blogger Timmy said...

How sweet. This reminds me that it's about time Momma needs to get some fancy flowers and put them by Grampa's grave so they grow pretty all summer long. Last year she had nice day lilies planted, but the geese ate them (the little stinkers).
Momma went on tour last weekend in NY and she saw their gas was over $3 for one gallon!!! Yipes!

 
At April 18, 2006 1:11 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

I have to admit, I pulled out Ralphie's little urn with his ashes and brought it outside for a few minutes to be in the sunshine. He did love rolling around on the patio. I felt a little stupid doing it, but after, I felt a warm feeling and I think he knew. - Meezers Mom

 
At April 18, 2006 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you visited, Cowboy. I love visiting my Heather, too.

Meezer's Mom - that's not silly at all. It's terribly sweet.

 
At April 18, 2006 10:14 PM, Blogger Timmy said...

Momma looked at the spot where Tangie is buried...she said something about planting some sweet flowers there for him.

 
At April 19, 2006 5:04 AM, Blogger Sharyn Ekbergh said...

I'll be planting Finnegan's garden soon and will post a photo. I have Fergus in an urn and wiill probaby put him out in the garden for summer.
Harper sits here watching the tiger on your site.
We go on.

 
At April 19, 2006 10:32 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

Zuleme-I test drovetwo guys once and one of the two was totally captivated by the tiger on this site. Kept climbing over me and attacking the computer screen. It was funny.

I look forward to seeing Finnegan's garden. The pictures you have been posting are such a blessing. Keep it up!

Timmy-I hope your Mom does plant some flowers for Tangie. And day lillies are very nice. Although the geese ate them, I'm sure it made Grandpa's place very nice. I guess the flowers brought double the joy if you count the full bellies of the geese.

Holding on to the fun memory of Ralphie is very sweet, Meezer's Mom.

You too, LTC. Hope you had a nice, fun memory of your Heather.

Hope all ofyou had a wonderful Easter!

 
At April 27, 2006 8:43 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

i have to tell my Mom 'bout taking the urn outside. we have two kitties ashes here and i bet they would like to be in the sun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home