Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

End Of An Era

Painted, actually stained but it requires the same motion as painting, almost the entire deck this weekend. It's "barn red." Got a little bit of a tan too. I'm mostly brown. In any case, it was a ton of work. Just have to do the floor and steps. I thought I'd wait until Daphne left.

Overheard the Kurdish kids next door saying some English. Jointly, they were saying, "sit, sit, sit" to Daphne. Originally their relationship with her was a little shaky when she snapped at them through the fence. Gestures like a Twix bar and a peanut butter sandwich have quickly sealed their friendship. She runs to the fence and wags the tail to them. They sit on the other side of the fence and talk to her in Kurdish. I don't think they realize her only interest truly is potential food sources.

The girl, Luna (5 years old), is speaking the most English. She couldn't quite get to calling me Cowboy, though, so I told her my name was Luna. She and her four-year old brother, Shad, just laughed at me when I said that. Shad did ask me "can Good Boy come play?" I suspect he's been around other dogs to know "good boy."

I also think I heard Luna say "yo momma yo ass." I'm serious! The two of them laughed hard. I told her she needed to stop. I decided not to talk to her anymore and just focused on staining. She just kept hollering, "Luna, Luna, Luna" trying to get my attention, since she thinks that's my name. When I looked, she'd say her crazy quote again.

Surely I heard wrong. However, I can just picture her father and a group of men sitting around the house one night saying this and making gestures (which I think I saw her do too), with laughter abounding as a result. That's all she remembered and likely was hoping for the same reaction from me.

On Sunday she called me "Mister" and gave Daphne jelly beans.

Daphne is headed home. Sexy Lady and Army Boy return Monday night at 5:30 from their European excursion. I think I'm a little sad. Thinking about not answering the phone or doorbell so that they'll think we're not there. I wonder how long we can get away with that. It won't be the same not having her spooning with me.

I discovered Daph blogged that one time and I made sure never to leave the computer on for her to blog again. Didn't want her telling more secrets and ending the mystery that is Cowboy!

6 Comments:

At May 23, 2006 1:42 AM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

i'm sure daphne will miss you, too, and also probably the wee beasties from next door, it seems. maybe she can stay a few more days while sexy lady and army boy recover from jet lag.

 
At May 23, 2006 2:58 AM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

So how come some poodie has not picked you yet? You are not hanging out at the shelter like you should be are you? Ummmhmmm you can not be picked if you are not cooperative. We may have to send you a couple of rats just to keep you company after Daphne is home with her 'beans. ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko KO

 
At May 23, 2006 7:43 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

I'm sure it will be lonely again with Daphne gone. I can send the Meezers to stay with you if you want. Except that they have big mouths and might spill the Cowboy secrets.

 
At May 23, 2006 6:27 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

She's gone...just like that. I was shocked at how very excited she was to see the two of them. The moment they walked in the door she was going crazy. And this was not usual behavior. She didn't totally forget me, but it was clearly obvious that she knew who they were.

OofU-I will become cooperative again. Focused on staining the deck and other home chores. A rat or two might be OK. :)

Amy-It was awfully quiet yesterday. But last night I was still so badly suffering from my day's allergy attack (see my comment) that I crashed and burned fairly early. But the routine sure felt different this morning!

Meezers (or was it M's Mom)-pack them up. I'll make the duo feel like they're at a kitty spa! Maybe that will ensure their silence too.

 
At May 23, 2006 11:02 PM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

merlin, ko ko and shadow are just trying to find a way to get rid of some of the ratlets! i have to admit that they are very cute little ratlets, but i suspect the boyz wouldn't like it if i brought any home except as tasty snacks.

amy

 
At May 24, 2006 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I wanted to report that Daphne is completely worn out after her extended stay with Cowboy... she is just sleeping and sleeping and now when she lays down she actually puts her head down also! I know she is missing her Uncle Cowboy... possibly a little depressed? Thanks again for watching her and entertaining her so well! She loves the new treats and we are delighted to have her back with us again! You're the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home