Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

Chick Magnet

Charlie hanging out at Uncle Cowboy'sCharlie the Wonder Dog is hanging out in my home. He's the banished brother of George and Stanley. He now calls the luxuries of Riss Lake home as he lives with Grandma. You might recognize him from his Hallmark Father's Day card where he claims to have seen you naked.

While Charlie visits me, The Boyz have their own man servant staying in their home down in Waldo. You see, MegMacB, her mom and Weez are off to Europe. They're visiting Amsterdam and all things Dutch. I bet you'll notice a dot on my new Clustr map from that area. No doubt someone looking to see if I'm posting any pics of Char. Loving the Clustr map, by the way. Got the idea from Meg's site. I look forward to seeing your dot!

Charlie poses for the cameraCharlie is a great. He likes sleeping under the blanket, is very skittish and jumpy, hyper and active, a tad bit gassy, and has a huge - no HUGE -obsession with a red ball. He begs and begs for you to play with him by tossing, kicking, tugging that ball. When outside, he plays like a soccer goalie. He attacks and tackles the ball each time you kick it and retrieves for the next round. He's a good little guy and a real lover.

The red ballI've taken my first video with the new digital camera. It's titled "Dog with Red Ball." Once I figure out how to post it, you'll be notified of its debut.

Yesterday we ran errands. He has his own fancy car seat. Something only a grandma would provide. It was a beautiful fall day in Kansas City. We tooled around to Chipotle, Office Max and other locations with the windows cracked open. At one stop light on Vivion, we had a car load of younger, maybe high school, girls holler "You've got a cute dog, Mister!" That's the most attention I've gotten from babes in years. It was Charlie getting noticed, but he's willing to share the love.

Seems Charlie is an equal opportunist and attracts the masses. At another intersection, he peeked out at some dude blaring some sort of heavy, current-day music. Rap or something. I'm old and don't know for sure what it was. Loud. He had the windows open of his black Impala or some other "cool-dude" mobile. He hollered, "You gotta cool dog!" A thumbs up was my reply.

With all this dog sitting, as part of our United Way auction at work I donated a three-day, two-night doggie spa weekend at my home. Employees donate all kinds of goods and services for the auction. Some items receive very competitive bidding. My donation generated 60 bucks! Overall, the auction topped $5,000.

The "Wonder Dog" is getting impatient. I'll end for now.
Charlie taking a nap as Cowboy works on the laptop

5 Comments:

At November 06, 2006 10:34 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Very cool idea for the auction! Sounds like it was very popular. My company did a UW auction a few years back and it resulted in a lot of last-minute eBay-type bidding wars. (I happened to develop the online site for it.) It was a lot of fun.

~William's mom.

I guess Charlie is kind of cute...for a dog.

~William

 
At November 07, 2006 11:24 PM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

We too had some bidding wars. Not for the doggie spa weekend, though. It started off with several people bidding, but after it topped $50 everyone seemed to back off. I actually got out-bid on several items. It was fun.

We used a forums/messenge board auction site. It worked really well, with the exception of some log-in problems.

Not near as cute as you, William. But I know you already knew that. For a dog, though, he is pretty cute!

 
At November 07, 2006 11:53 PM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

charlie is pretty darn cute . . .for a dog! great idea for the auction, cowboy, but why not a kitty spa weekend?

 
At November 08, 2006 1:37 AM, Blogger Eponine's Cowboy said...

I thought about that. Just didn't know if it would raise as much money. Do you have any idea how much folks often spend on boarding canines? It's crazy!

 
At November 09, 2006 8:34 PM, Blogger amy and the bad cats said...

oh, yes! one of my co-workers drops her min pin off at doggie day care every single weekday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home