Wild Life Of A Little Monster

Others are scared of me because of all the fun I have. Considered a vigilante by my Eponine.

There's No School Today

A plane at DFWSomeone's heading home from DFW








Until Wednesday, I didn't realize that today is a holiday at the ol' workplace. When I made the discovery, it was kind of a present in itself! I don't have to return to the cubicle until Jan. 2. For a dude who seems to work everyday, writing that seems just crazy.

Lying in bed, drinking coffee, watching Good Morning America (something I never do - I'm a total NPR junkie (on KCUR here)), checking out blogs, and relaxing. It's kind of nice. Plan to shop, get the do done, clean the home, and do laundry. Should be a great day. Plus, a little dog named Josie is coming over today. She is going to stay a few days while her human goes to visit other humans.

It always was fun waiting for the announcement that a snow storm was going to cancel school. When young, it meant crafts, hot chocolate, wearing long johns, building forts and a total day of fun. As a teen/high schooler, I'd often gather with the Wild Wife (she wasn't the Wild Wife back then) or other friends and eat, watch tv, build snow people. Growing up in a rural Oklahoma town, we knew which friends had cable tv. Those homes were often headquarters on snow days.

Downtown Dallas seen from AA's connector train at DFWWild Wife and Wild Husband live in Denver and are dependent on travel for work. Sure hope they are safe and are managing to get things done considering the snow storm bringing that city to a standstill.

I can't even imagine the stress level of those folks stranded in airports. Just last week when I walked off my plane in Chicago and saw no connecting flights that night on to KC, I wanted to sit in a corner and cry. I was tired, a little angry in the flight delay that made me miss my flight, and ready to be home. Being the studly, he-man that I am, I didn't cry, and instead got up and determined my options. Still, though, it wasn't fun.

Wherever you or your loved ones are traveling this holiday weekend, I wish you safe travels.

Including a few pics from my recent visit to the Dallas/Fort Worth Airport.AA planes lined up at DFW

2 Comments:

At December 23, 2006 4:43 PM, Blogger Lone Star Purrs said...

That's the airport that Momma wented to yesterday!!!! Only it wuz all dark when she gotted there. Merry Christmas Cowboy! We gotted a pic-shur fur you...we just gots to email it when Momma gets home.
::purrs::
~Meeko, Kiara, & Emmy

 
At December 24, 2006 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had no idea that some of our bloggy friends were so near! That's DFW all right...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home